Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Bisindolylmaleimide I, Hydrochloride #9841
- Molecular Formula:
- C25H24N4O2 • HCl
- Molecular Weight:
- 448.95 g/mol
Directions for Use
Bisindolylmaleimide I is supplied as 500 μg powder. Store at or below -20ºC. Before use, dissolve powder in 0.28 ml DMSO to make a 4 mM bisindolylmaleimide I stock solution. For working concentrations of 2 μM-4 μM, dilute DMSO stock 1:2000 to 1:1000. Treat cells with the desired concentration for 30 minutes. Bisindolylmaleimide I is more stable as a powder than in solution; it is therefore recommended to dissolve as close as possible prior to use. Store solution at or below -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A172 cells, untreated or treated with indicated concentrations of Bisindolylmaleimide I for 30 minutes, followed by stimulation with 200 nM TPA for 10 minutes. The phosphorylation of PEA-15 was detected by using Phospho-PEA-15 (Ser104) Antibody #2776 (upper). PEA-15 Antibody #2780 was used as a loading control (lower). Bisindolylmaleimide I-mediated inhibition of TPA-induced PKC phosphorylation of PEA-15 at Ser104 is shown.
Bisindolylmaleimide I (BIS) is a potent inhibitor of PKC (1,2). In vitro the IC50 of BIS is 10-20 nM for PKCα/β/γ and 100-200 nM for PKCδ/ε isoforms. The in vitro IC50 for PKCζ is about 6 μM, indicating that BIS is a very weak inhibitor for this isoform. In in vivo cellular assays the IC50 of BIS for PKC is between 0.2-2 μM (1,3).
- Toullec, D. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 15771-15781.
- Martiny-Baron, G. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 9194-9197.
- Heikkilä, J. et al. (1993) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 197, 1185-1193.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9379 Phospho-PKC (pan) (gamma Thr514) Antibody
- 2776 Phospho-PEA-15 (Ser104) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 2780 PEA-15 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.