Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
H-89, Dihydrochloride #9844
- Molecular Formula:
- C20H20BrN3O2S • 2HCl
- Molecular Weight:
- 519.28 g/mol
Directions for Use
H-89 is supplied as 5.19 mg powder. Store at or below -20ºC. Before usage, dissolve powder in 0.5 ml DMSO to make 20 mM H-89. For working concentrations of 10 μM-20 μM, dilute DMSO stock 1:2000 to 1:1000. Treat cells with the desired concentration for 30 minutes. The H-89 is more stable as a powder than in solution; it is therefore recommended to dissolve as close as possible prior to use. Store solution at or below -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SKNMC cells, untreated or treated with indicated concentrations of H-89 for 30 minutes, followed by stimulation with 30 µM Forskolin for 10 minutes. The phosphorylation of CREB was detected using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb #9198 (upper), CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb #9197 was used as a loading control (lower). H-89 inhibition of Forskolin induced PKA phosphorylation on CREB at Ser133 is shown.
H-89 is a potent selective inhibitor of cAMP dependent protein kinase (PKA). The in vitro IC50 of H-89 for PKA is approximately 50 nM and in vivo the inhibitiory effect on PKA substrate phosphorylation and related cellular functions range from 10 μM to 30 μM (1,2). In addition to PKA, H-89 also exhibits a moderate inhibitory effect on PKG and PKCμ, with IC50 in the 500 nM range (1,3). The inhibitory effect of H-89 is due to its competitive binding to the ATP pocket on the kinase catalytic subunit (4).
- Chijiwa, T. et al. (1990) J Biol Chem 265, 5267-72.
- Meja, K.K. et al. (2004) J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309, 833-44.
- Johannes, F.J. et al. (1995) Eur J Biochem 227, 303-7.
- Engh, R.A. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26157-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.