Product Pathways - Metabolism
O-GlcNAc (CTD110.6) Mouse mAb #9875
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
O-GlcNAc (CTD110.6) Mouse mAb specifically recognizes endogenous levels of O-GlcNAc on proteins in β-O-glycosidic linkage to both serine and threonine.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a peptide containing serine-O-linked N-acetylglucosamine (O-GlcNAc).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells in the absence or presence of PUGNAC, an inhibitor of N-acetyl-β-d-glucosaminidase, using O-GlcNAc (CTD110.6) Mouse mAb (upper) or β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970 (lower).
O-GlcNAcylation is a post-translational modification where β-D-N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) is covalently linked to cytoplasmic and nuclear proteins at serine or threonine residues (1,2). This modification is important in many cellular processes including metabolism, cell growth and morphogenesis, apoptosis and transcription (2,3) and has been implicated to play a critical role in cancer (1).
- Comer, F.I. et al. (2001) Anal Biochem 293, 169-77.
- Slawson, C. and Hart, G.W. (2011) Nat Rev Cancer 11, 678-84.
- Capotosti, F. et al. (2011) Cell 144, 376-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.