Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-Numb (Ser276) (D5C2) Rabbit mAb #9878
|W IF-IC||H (M) (R) (C) (X) (Z) (B) (Hr)||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat C=Chicken X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Numb (Ser276) (D5C2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of numb protein only when phosphorylated at Ser276.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser276 of human numb protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and U-87 MG cells, untreated or treated with either λ phosphatase or TPA #4174 (200 nM, 30 min), using Phospho-Numb (Ser276) (D5C2) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb #2756 (lower).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or treated with either TPA #4174 (center) or TPA and λ phosphatase (right), using Phospho-Numb (Ser276) (D5C2) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Numb contains an amino-terminal phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain and carboxy-terminal endocytic binding motifs for α-adaptin and EH (Eps15 homology) domain-containing proteins, indicating a role in endocytosis (1,2). There are four mammalian Numb splicing isoforms that are differentially expressed and may have distinct functions (3-5). Numb acts as a negative regulator of Notch signaling by promoting ubiquitination and degradation of Notch (6). The protein is asymmetrically segregated into one daughter cell during cell division, producing two daughter cells with different responses to Notch signaling and different cell fates (7,8). The localization of Numb can also be regulated by G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) and PKC signaling (9).
Numb can be phosphorylated at several sites including Ser7, Ser276, and Ser295. Phosphorylation at these sites regulates asymmetric membrane localization of Numb and integrin endocytosis (10-12).
- Berdnik, D. et al. (2002) Dev. Cell 3, 221-231.
- Santolini, E. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 151, 1345-1352.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 33097-33104.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 10472-10476.
- Toriya, M. et al. (2006) Dev. Neurosci. 28, 142-155.
- McGill, M.A. and McGlade, C.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 23196-23203.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1996) Curr. Biol. 6, 1134-1145.
- Reugels, A.M. et al. (2006) Dev. Dyn. 235, 934-948.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (2006) Mol. Biol. Cell 17, 4142-4155.
- Nishimura, T. and Kaibuchi, K. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 15-28.
- Smith, C.A. et al. (2007) EMBO J 26, 468-80.
- Wirtz-Peitz, F. et al. (2008) Cell 135, 161-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2756 Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2761 Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 2410 Clathrin Heavy Chain (P1663) Antibody
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3608 Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2420 Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb
- 2889 Notch3 Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.