Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Serotonin Receptor 1A/5-HTR1A Antibody #9879
|W IP||H||Transfected Only||80-240||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Serotonin Receptor 1A/5-HTR1A Antibody recognizes transfected levels of total Serotonin Receptor 1A/5-HTR1A protein. Thus far, endogenous levels of Serotonin Receptor 1A have not been detected with this antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Serotonin Receptor 1A/5-HTR1A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine/5-HT) is a monoamine found in the central nervous system. Serotonin receptors are mostly members of the G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) superfamily. GPCRs are a family of cell surface receptors containing seven transmembrane proteins. GPCRs activate signal transduction pathways and cyclic AMP formation (1). Seven subclasses of serotonin receptors (5-HTR) have been described (5-HTR1-7). There are five subclasses of 5-HTR1 (1A, 1B, 1D, 1E, and 1F). 5-HTR1A is an inhibitory GPCR expressed both in serotonergic neurons and in target areas receiving serotonergic innervation. These receptors are associated with depression, anxiety, and the response to antidepressants (2).
- Mastrangelo, L. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 5487-91.
- Fisher, P.M. et al. (2006) Nat Neurosci 9, 1362-3.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.