Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 354.46 g/mol
Directions for Use
Roscovitine [(R) stereoisomer] is supplied as a 1 mg powder. Store at or below -20ºC. Before use, dissolve powder in 143 μl DMSO or MeOH to make a 20 mM stock solution. The suggested working concentration is 20 μM in tissue culture medium. Treat cells for 4-24 hours. Store solution at -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells treated with Roscovitine (20 μM) for the indicated times using Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXSP or SPXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb #2325 (left) or Phospho-(Ser) CDKs Substrate Antibody #2324 (right).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells treated with Roscovitine (20 μM) for the indicated times using an antibody to Rb.
Roscovitine is a cell permeable reversible selective inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases CDK1 (cdc2), CDK2 and CDK5 (1). A purine analog, this drug competes for the binding site of ATP in the catalytic cleft. Treatment of cultured cells with roscovitine can cause cell cycle arrest or apoptosis (1-4). The IC50 for cdc2 activity is 0.65 μM in vitro (1).
- Meijer, L. et al. (1997) Eur J Biochem 243, 527-36.
- Whittaker, S.R. et al. (2007) Cell Cycle 6, 3114-31.
- Dey, A. et al. (2008) Cell Death Differ 15, 263-73.
- Wojciechowski, J. et al. (2003) Int J Cancer 106, 486-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2321 Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.