Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 807.89 g/mol
Directions for Use
Docetaxel is supplied as 1 mg powder. Store at or below -20ºC. Before use, dissolve powder in 1 ml DMSO to make a 1 mg/ml stock solution. The suggested working concentration is 100 ng/ml in tissue culture medium. Treat cells for 4-24 hours. Store solution at -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells treated with Docetaxel (100 ng/ml) for the indicated times using Cyclin B1 Antibody #4138 (upper) or Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb #3079 (lower).
Docetaxel belongs to the taxane family of antitumor and antileukemic agents (1). A microtubule-stabilizing agent, docetaxel acts as an inhibitor of cellular functions that require microtubule dynamics including cell division, and is now in use as a treatment for breast, prostate and lung cancer (2).
- Abal, M. et al. (2003) Curr Cancer Drug Targets 3, 193-203.
- Crown, J. and O'Leary, M. (2000) Lancet 355, 1176-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9807 Paclitaxel
- 4138 Cyclin B1 Antibody
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.