Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
PZR (D17B10) XP® Rabbit mAb #9893
|W IP IF-IC||H||Endogenous||30-50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PZR (D17B10) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PZR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu209 of human PZR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PZR (D17B10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HUVEC cells using PZR (D17B10) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 cells using PZR (D17B10) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
PZR (Protein zero related) is an immunoglobulin superfamily protein that specifically binds the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 through its intracellular immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motifs (ITIMs) (1,2). PZR is phosphorylated by c-Src, c-Fyn, c-Lyn, Csk, and c-Abl (3). PP1, a Src family kinase inhibitor, inhibits PZR phosphorylation (4,5). There are three alternatively spliced isoforms, designated as PZR, PZRa, and PZRb; both PZRa and PZRb lack ITIMs (6,7). PZR is the main receptor of ConA and has an important role in cell signaling via c-Src (4). PZR is expressed in many cell types and is localized to cell contacts and intracellular granules in BAECs and mesothelioma (REN) cells. PZR has been implicated as a cell adhesion protein that may be involved in SHP-2-dependent signaling at interendothelial cell contacts (3). Hypertyrosine phosphorylation of PZR was observed during embryogenesis in a mouse model of Noonan syndrome (8).
- Zhao, Z.J. and Zhao, R. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 29367-72.
- Zhao, R. and Zhao, Z.J. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 5453-9.
- Kusano, K. et al. Endothelium 15, 127-36.
- Zhao, R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 7882-8.
- Zhao, R. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 42893-8.
- Zannettino, A.C. et al. (2003) Biochem J 370, 537-49.
- Zhao, R. and Zhao, Z.J. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303, 1028-33.
- Eminaga, S. and Bennett, A.M. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 15328-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4157 PZR Antibody
- 5543 Phospho-PZR (Tyr263) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.