Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CEND1 Antibody #9894
|W IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CEND1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CEND1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human CEND1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The progression of progenitor cells towards neuronal differentiation is regulated by cell cycle control and the transition from proliferative to neurogenic cell divisions. Cell cycle exit and neuronal differentiation 1 (CEND1) is a neuronal protein widely expressed in the adult nervous system (1). It is implicated in the synchronization of cell cycle exit and differentiation of neuronal precursors in the developing nervous system, and its expression marks the exit of proliferative cells from the cell cycle (2,3). Levels of CEND1 expression in the subventricular zone of the adult nervous system are critical for cell cycle control and neuronal differentiation mechanisms during neonatal SVZ neurogenesis (4). It has recently been shown that neural progenitor cells (NPCs) that overexpress CEND1 display increased neuronal differentiation in a mouse model of brain injury, suggesting its potential use as a therapeutic intervention for neurodegenerative diseases and brain injury (5).
- Patsavoudi, E. et al. (1995) J Neurosci Res 40, 506-18.
- Politis, P.K. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 17861-6.
- Koutmani, Y. et al. (2004) Eur J Neurosci 20, 2509-23.
- Katsimpardi, L. et al. (2008) Stem Cells 26, 1796-807.
- Makri, G. et al. (2010) Stem Cells 28, 127-39.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.