Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit #9926
|9926S||1 Kit (3 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb #4695||40 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IF-IC, F||H, M, R, Hm, Mk, Mi, Dm, Z, B, Dg, Pg, Ce||C||42, 44||Rabbit|
|SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258||40 µl||W||H, M, R, Hm, Mk, Mi||46, 54||Rabbit|
|p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb #8690||40 µl||W, IHC-P, IF-IC, F||H, M, R, Hm, Mk, Pg||C||40||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Hm=Hamster, Mk=Monkey, Mi=Mink, Dm=D. melanogaster, Z=Zebrafish, B=Bovine, Dg=Dog, Pg=Pig, Ce=C. elegans
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells, using p44/42 MAP Kinase (137F5) Rabbit mAb #4695.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb #8690.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells using SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258.
The MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of evaluating total levels of p38, p44/42, and SAPK/JNK mitogen-activated protein kinases. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibody to perform four western blot experiments.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit recognizes only its specific target. The antibodies do not cross-react with other MAP kinases.
Source / Purification
p44/42 MAP Kinase (137F5) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of rat p44 MAP kinase. SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a human JNK2/MBP fusion protein. p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human p38 protein.
p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2), SAPK/JNK, and p38 MAPK function in protein kinase cascades that play a critical role in the regulation of cell growth, differentiation, and control of cellular responses to cytokines and stress. p44/42 MAPK is activated by growth and neurotrophic factors. Activation occurs through phosphorylation of threonine and tyrosine residues (Thr202 and Tyr204 in human Erk1) at the sequence T*EY* by a single upstream MAP kinase kinase (MEK). SAPK/JNK and p38 MAPK are activated by inflammatory cytokines and by a wide variety of cellular stresses. Activation of SAPK/JNK occurs via phosphorylation at Thr183 and Tyr185 by the dual specificity enzyme SEK/MKK4. Both MKK3 and SEK phosphorylate p38 MAPK on tyrosine and threonine at the sequence T*GY* to activate p38 MAP kinase (1-5).
- Lewis, T. S. et al. (1998) Adv. Cancer Res. 74, 49-139.
- Garrington, T.P. and Johnson, G.L. (1999) Curr. Opin. Cell. Biol. 11, 211-218.
- Schaeffer, H.J. and Weber, M.J. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 2435-2444.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem. Sci. 23, 481-485.
- Cobb, M.H. (1999) Prog. Biophys. Mol. Biol. 71, 479-500.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23831. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 9900 PD98059
- 9903 U0126
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Select rabbit monoclonal antibodies are developed, validated, and produced at CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and in some instances 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.