Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit #9926
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb #4695||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Hm Mk Mi Dm Z B Dg Pg Ce (C)||42, 44||Rabbit IgG|
|SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258||40 µl||W||H M R Hm Mk Mi||46, 54||Rabbit IgG|
|p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb #8690||40 µl||W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Hm Mk Pg (C)||40||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Mi=Mink Dm=D. melanogaster Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Ce=C. elegans
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit recognizes only its specific target. The antibodies do not cross-react with other MAP kinases.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells, using p44/42 MAP Kinase (137F5) Rabbit mAb #4695.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb #8690.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells using SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258.
The MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of evaluating total levels of p38, p44/42, and SAPK/JNK mitogen-activated protein kinases. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibody to perform four western blot experiments.
Source / Purification
p44/42 MAP Kinase (137F5) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of rat p44 MAP kinase. SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a human JNK2/MBP fusion protein. p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human p38 protein.
p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2), SAPK/JNK, and p38 MAPK function in protein kinase cascades that play a critical role in the regulation of cell growth, differentiation, and control of cellular responses to cytokines and stress. p44/42 MAPK is activated by growth and neurotrophic factors. Activation occurs through phosphorylation of threonine and tyrosine residues (Thr202 and Tyr204 in human Erk1) at the sequence T*EY* by a single upstream MAP kinase kinase (MEK). SAPK/JNK and p38 MAPK are activated by inflammatory cytokines and by a wide variety of cellular stresses. Activation of SAPK/JNK occurs via phosphorylation at Thr183 and Tyr185 by the dual specificity enzyme SEK/MKK4. Both MKK3 and SEK phosphorylate p38 MAPK on tyrosine and threonine at the sequence T*GY* to activate p38 MAP kinase (1-5).
- Lewis, T. S. et al. (1998) Adv. Cancer Res. 74, 49-139.
- Garrington, T.P. and Johnson, G.L. (1999) Curr. Opin. Cell. Biol. 11, 211-218.
- Schaeffer, H.J. and Weber, M.J. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 2435-2444.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem. Sci. 23, 481-485.
- Cobb, M.H. (1999) Prog. Biophys. Mol. Biol. 71, 479-500.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23831. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 9900 PD98059
- 9903 U0126
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.