Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Apoptosis Antibody Sampler Kit (Mouse Preferred) #9930
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Caspase-3 Antibody #9662||40 µl||W IP IHC-P||H M R Mk||17, 19, 35||Rabbit|
|Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb #9664||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-IC F||H M R Mk (Dg)||17, 19||Rabbit IgG|
|Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody #9761||40 µl||W||H M R||18||Rabbit|
|Caspase-6 Antibody #9762||40 µl||W||H M R||15, 35||Rabbit|
|Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9544||40 µl||W IF-IC||M||89||Rabbit|
|Caspase-12 Antibody #2202||40 µl||W||M||42, 55||Rabbit|
|Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9504||40 µl||W||M||37, 39, 49||Rabbit|
|Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9509||40 µl||W IF-IC||M||37||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the kit detects endogenous levels of its respective protein. Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody and Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody detect the large fragment of their respective proteins. Caspase-3 Antibody and Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific) detect the full length and the large fragments. Cleaved caspase-9 (Asp353) detects the cleaved large 37 kDa fragment. Caspase-6 Antibody detects the full length fragment and the small subunit. Caspase-12 Antibody detects the full length fragment and its cleaved product. Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific) detects the large fragment of mouse PARP produced by caspase cleavage.
Western blot analysis of extracts from L929 cells, untreated or Brefeldin A-treated (10 µg, 30 hours), using Caspase-12 Antibody #2202.
Western blot analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, untreated, staurosporine-treated (1 µM) or cytochrome C-treated (0.25 mg/ml), using Caspase-9 Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9504. (p39: caspase-9 cleaved at Asp368; p37: caspase-9 cleaved at Asp353.)
Western blot analysis of extracts from L929 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated, using Cleaved Caspase-9 (Asp353) Antibody #9509 (upper) or Caspase-9 Antibody #9504 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1 µM), using Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9544.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat, L929 and C6 cells, untreated or cytochrome c-treated (0.25 mg/ml in vitro), using Caspase-3 Antibody #9662.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6 (rat), NIH/3T3 (mouse), and Jurkat (human) cells, untreated or treated with staurosporine (1 µM, 3 hrs) or etoposide (25 µM, 5 hrs) as indicated, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1) Rabbit mAb #9664.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated, and NIH/3T3 and C6 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated, using Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody #9761.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1 µM), and Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25 µM), using Caspase-6 Antibody #9762.
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human tonsil, showing cytoplasmic localization, using Caspase-3 Antibody #9662.
The Apoptosis Antibody Sampler Kit (Mouse Specific) is designed for use with mouse samples and offers an economical means to evaluate the levels of active and inactive caspases. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to amino-terminal residues of proteolytic cleavage sites of cleaved caspase-3 (Asp175), cleaved caspase-6 (rat Asp162), cleaved caspase-9 (Asp353), mouse-cleaved PARP, and residues surrounding amino acid 158 of mouse caspase-12. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Apoptosis is a regulated physiological process leading to cell death. Caspases, a family of cysteine acid proteases, are central regulators of apoptosis. Initiator caspases (including 8, 9, 10 and 12) are closely coupled to proapoptotic signals. Once activated, these caspases cleave and activate downstream effector caspases (including 3, 6 and 7), which in turn cleave cytoskeletal and nuclear proteins like PARP, α-fodrin, DFF and lamin A, and induce apoptosis. Cytochrome c released from mitochondria is coupled to the activation of caspase-9, a key initiator caspase (1). Proapoptotic stimuli include the FasL, TNF-α, DNA damage and ER stress. Fas and TNFR activate caspases 8 and 10 (2), DNA damage leads to the activation of caspase-9 and ER stress leads to the calcium-mediated activation of caspase-12 (3). The inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) family includes XIAP and survivin and functions by binding and inhibiting several caspases (4,5). Smac/Diablo, a mitochondrial protein, is released into the cytosol upon mitochondrial stress and competes with caspases for binding of IAPs. The interaction of Smac/Diablo with IAPs relieves the inhibitory effects of the IAPs on caspases (6).
- Baker, S.J. and Reddy, E.P. (1998) Oncogene 17, 3261-3270.
- Budihardjo, I. et al. (1999) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 15, 269-290.
- Nakagawa, T. et al. (2000) Nature 403, 98-103.
- Deveraux, Q. L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 2215-2223.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Du, C. et al. (2000) Cell 102, 33-42.
- Denecker, G. et al. (2001) Yersinia enterocolitica YopP-induced apoptosis of macrophages involves the apoptotic signaling cascade upstream of Bid. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19706-19714. Applications: Western Blotting
- Olney, J. W. et al. (2002) Ethanol-induced apoptotic neurodegeneration in the developing C57BL/6 mouse brain. Brain Res. Dev. Brain Res. 133 (2), 115-126. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Schroder, A. J. et al. (2002) Cutting edge: STAT6 serves as a positive and negative regulator of gene expression in IL-4-stimulated B lymphocytes. J. Immunol. 168 (3), 996-1000. Applications: Western Blotting
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1050 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9548 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (7C9) Mouse mAb (Mouse Specific)
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.