Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat Antibody Sampler Kit #9939
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Stat1 Antibody #9172||40 µl||W IP ChIP||H M R Mk (B) (Dg)||84, 91||Rabbit|
|Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb #4904||40 µl||W IP ChIP||H M R Mk||79, 86||Rabbit IgG|
|Stat5 Antibody #9363||40 µl||W IP ChIP||H M R Mk||90||Rabbit|
|Stat6 Antibody #9362||40 µl||W IP||H M R (B)||110||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each Stat antibody in the kit recognizes only its target protein, independent of phosphorylation state.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb #4904.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-MEL-28 cells, untreated or IFN-alpha-treated (100 ng/ml), using Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody #9171 (upper) or Stat1 Antibody #9172 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Stat6 Antibody #9362.
The Stat Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to examine multiple Stat proteins: Stat1, Stat3, Stat5 and Stat6. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to residues of human Stat1, human Stat5 and human Stat6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with GST-Stat3 fusion protein corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of mouse Stat3 protein.
Jaks (Janus Kinases) and Stats (Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription) are utilized by receptors for a wide variety of ligands including cytokines, hormones, growth factors and neurotransmitters. Jaks, activated via autophosphorylation following ligand-induced receptor aggregation, phosphorylate tyrosine residues on associated receptors, Stat molecules and other downstream signaling proteins (1,2). The phosphorylation of Stat proteins at conserved tyrosine residues activates SH2-mediated dimerization followed rapidly by nuclear translocation. Stat dimers bind to IRE (interferon response element) and GAS (gamma interferon-activated sequence) DNA elements, resulting in the transcriptional regulation of downstream genes (1,2). The remarkable range and specificity of responses regulated by the Stats is determined in part by the tissue-specific expression of different cytokine receptors, Jaks and Stats (2,3), and by the combinatorial coupling of various Stat members to different receptors. Serine phosphorylation in the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain has been shown to regulate the function of Stat1, -2, -3, -4 and -5 (1). Phosphorylation of Stat3 at Ser727 via MAPK or mTOR pathways is required for optimal transcriptional activation in response to growth factors and cytokines including IFN-gamma and CNTF (4,5). Jak/Stat pathways also play important roles in oncogenesis, tumor progression, angiogenesis, cell motility, immune responses and stem cell differentiation (6-11).
- Darnell Jr., J. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-1421.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16, 293-322.
- Caldenhoven, E. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 13221-13227.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-250.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr. Biol. 10, 47-50.
- Lim, C.P. and Cao, X. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 31055-31061.
- Bromberg, J. F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Su, L. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 31770-31774.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Cattaneo, E. et al. (1999) Trends Neurosci. 22, 365-369.
- Frank, D.A. (1999) Mol. Med. 5, 432-456.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9133 Stat3 Control Cell Extracts
- 9171 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody
- 9173 Stat1 Control Cell Extracts
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9361 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.