Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Jak Isoform Sampler Kit #9945
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Jak1 (6G4) Rabbit mAb #3344||40 µl||W IP IHC-P||H M R (Mk) (Dg) (Pg)||130||Rabbit IgG|
|Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R (Hm) (Mk) (C) (X) (B) (Dg) (Pg) (Hr)||125||Rabbit IgG|
|Jak3 (D1H3) Rabbit mAb #8827||40 µl||W IP IF-IC||H (Mk)||115||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken X=Xenopus B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each Jak isoform antibody recognizes endogenous levels of the specified Jak isoform independent of its phosphorylation state. Neither antibody cross-reacts with the two other isoforms.
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562, THP-1, TF-1 and BaF3 cell lines using Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230.
Western blot analysis of extracts from ACHN, SR, CTLL-2 and PC12 cell lines using Jak1 (6G4) Rabbit mAb #3344.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Jak3 (D1H3) Rabbit mAb #8827.
The Jak Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to examine several Jak isoforms. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments per primary antibody.
Source / Purification
Each isoform-specific antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide that is specific for the Jak isoform. Jak1 and Jak3 antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Each Jak antibody included in this kit is specific and does not cross-react with the other isoforms.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3776 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb
- 3771 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody
- 3774 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr221) Antibody
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9363 Stat5 Antibody
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1039 Jak2 Blocking Peptide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.