Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 428.4 g/mol
Directions for Use
For 2 mM stock, dissolve 1 mg in 1.16 ml DMSO. For experiments with cultured cells, CST recommends treating with wortmannin at concentrations between 0.2 µm and 1 µm, for one hour prior to, and for the duration of, the stimulation. See MSDS for further information.
Precautions: This compound is only sold for use in extremely dilute solutions for biological research. No other use is intended and any other use involves substantial hazards. This compound should never be handled in powder or aerosol form or in any other form susceptible to uncontrolled release in the laboratory, even in very small quantities.
Wortmannin is a very potent, specific and direct inhibitor of PI3 kinase, originally derived from fungus (1,2). The inhibition is irreversible and noncompetitive. Wortmannin does not inhibit PI4 kinase, protein kinase C or protein tyrosine kinase (3).
- Nakanishi, S. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 2157-2163.
- Arcaro, A. and Wymann, M.P. (1993) Biochem. J. 296, 297-301.
- Powis, G. et al. (1994) Cancer Res. 54, 5241-5248.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9940 Akt Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9280 PhosphoPlus® Akt Activation Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.