Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody Sampler Kit #9958
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-IKKα (Ser176)/IKKβ (Ser177) (C84E11) Rabbit mAb #2078||40 µl||W||H M (R) (Mk) (B)||85 (IKKalpha), 87 (IKKbeta)||Rabbit IgG|
|Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb #2697||40 µl||W IHC-P IHC-F||H M R Mk (B)||85 IKK-alpha 87 IKK-beta||Rabbit IgG|
|Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II #2694||40 µl||W||H M R Mk||85 IKK-alpha 87 IKK-beta||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody, Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II, and Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb detect IKKα only when phosphorylated at Ser176/180 and IKKβ only when phosphorylated at Ser177/181.
Western blot analysis of extracts from differentiated THP-1 cells, untreated or LPS-treated for 15 minutes, using Phospho-IKKα (Ser176)/IKKβ (Ser177) (C84E11) Rabbit mAb #2078 (upper), IKKα Antibody #2682 (middle) and IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb #2370 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, treated with TNF-α (20ng/ml) for the indicated times, using Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II #2694.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and NIH/3T3 cells, treated with TNF-α (20 ng/ml) and calyculin A #9902 (50 nM), using Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb #2697.
The Phospho-IKKalpha/beta (Ser176/180) Antibody Sampler Kit contains reagents to examine protein levels of IKKalpha when phosphorylated at Ser176/180 and IKKbeta when phosphorylated at Ser177/181. The kit contains primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blots with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies #2687 and #2694 are produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser176/180 of human IKKα and Ser177/181 of IKKβ, respectively, and are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibody #2697 is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser176/180 of human IKKα.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2684 IKKβ Antibody
- 2678 IKKβ (L570) Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.