Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IKK Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit #9966
|9966S||1 Kit (4 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|IKKα Antibody #2682||40 µl||W, IP||H, M, R, Mk||B||85||Rabbit|
|IKKβ Antibody #2684||40 µl||W||H, Mk||87||Rabbit|
|IKKγ Antibody #2685||40 µl||W, IHC-P||H, M, R, Mk||48||Rabbit|
|IKKε Antibody #2690||40 µl||W||H, M, R||80||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Reactivity Key: H=Human, M=Mouse, R=Rat, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, HeLa and PC12 cells using IKKα Antibody #2682.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and PC12 cells using IKKβ Antibody #2684.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using IKKγ Antibody #2685.
The IKK Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to investigate NFkappaB signaling within the cell. The kit contains primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blots with each antibody.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IKKα, IKKβ, IKKγ, and IKKε antibodies detect endogenous levels of total IKKα, IKKβ, IKKγ and IKKε proteins, respectively. These antibodies do not cross-react with IKK subunits other than their specified target.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxyl terminus of human IKKβ, IKKε and IKKγ, to the 20 amino-terminal residues of human IKKα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2694 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2689 Phospho-IKKγ (Ser376) Antibody
- 2695 IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.