Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Toll-like Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit #9971
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209||40 µl||W IP||H (Mk)||86||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 7 Antibody #2633||40 µl||W||H M R (Mk) (Dg)||140||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229||40 µl||W||H Mk||90-105||Rabbit|
|Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254||40 µl||W IP||H||130||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
All antibodies contained in this kit detect endogenous levels of their respective total TLR protein. Cross reactivity was not detected with other family members at physiological conditions.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SR cells using Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cell lines, stimulated with 200 µM TPA overnight, using Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji and Ramos cells using Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254.
The Toll-Like Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit is an economical way to examine the total protein levels of a number of toll-like receptors. This kit includes enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide and the resulting antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography. The Toll-like Receptor 1 Antibody #2209 is specific for the amino terminus of human TLR1. The Toll-like Receptor 2 Antibody #2229 is specific for the region surrounding leucine 179 of human TLR2. The Toll-like Receptor 7 Antibody #2633 is specific for the carboxyl terminus of human TLR7. The Toll-like Receptor 9 Antibody #2254 is specific for the region surrounding glycine 442 of human TLR9.
Members of the Toll-like receptor (TLR) family, named for the closely related Toll receptor in Drosophila, play a pivotal role in innate immune responses (1-4). TLRs recognize conserved motifs found in various pathogens and mediate defense responses (5-7). Triggering of the TLR pathway leads to the activation of NF-κB and subsequent regulation of immune and inflammatory genes (4). The TLRs and members of the IL-1 receptor family share a conserved stretch of approximately 200 amino acids known as the Toll/Interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) domain (1). Upon activation, TLRs associate with a number of cytoplasmic adaptor proteins containing TIR domains, including myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88), MyD88-adaptor-like/TIR-associated protein (MAL/TIRAP), Toll-receptor-associated activator of interferon (TRIF), and Toll-receptor-associated molecule (TRAM) (8-10). This association leads to the recruitment and activation of IRAK1 and IRAK4, which form a complex with TRAF6 to activate TAK1 and IKK (8,11-14). Activation of IKK leads to the degradation of IκB, which normally maintains NF-κB in an inactive state by sequestering it in the cytoplasm.
- Akira, S. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38105-8.
- Beutler, B. (2004) Nature 430, 257-63.
- Dunne, A. and O'Neill, L.A. (2003) Sci STKE 2003, re3.
- Medzhitov, R. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 394-7.
- Schwandner, R. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17406-9.
- Takeuchi, O. et al. (1999) Immunity 11, 443-51.
- Alexopoulou, L. et al. (2001) Nature 413, 732-8.
- Zhang, F.X. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 7611-4.
- Horng, T. et al. (2001) Nat Immunol 2, 835-41.
- Oshiumi, H. et al. (2003) Nat Immunol 4, 161-7.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1612-5.
- Wesche, H. et al. (1997) Immunity 7, 837-47.
- Suzuki, N. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 750-6.
- Irie, T. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett 467, 160-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2219 Toll-like Receptor 4 Antibody (Rodent Specific)
- 3699 MyD88 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.