Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
|9974S||10 mg||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 804.03 g/mol
Directions For Use
FK-506 is supplied as a 10 mg powder. Store at -20ºC. FK-506 is soluble in ethanol (also DMSO and methanol) and stock solutions should be stored at -20ºC. Working concentrations and length of treatment can vary depending on the desired effect, but it is typically used between 1 and 10 nM.
The calcium dependent protein phosphatase calcineurin is responsible for the de-phosphorylation of the transcriptional regulator nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) and is essential for NFAT’s nuclear translocation and activation (1,2). Calcineurin is a target of two common immunosuppressants, cyclosporin A (CsA) (3) and FK-506 (also know as tacrolimus and fugimycin) (4), both of which can inhibit antigen and mitogen triggered T cell activation. These drugs interact with the immunophilins cyclophilin and FKBP-12, respectively, and the immunophilin-drug complex binds to calcineurin to inhibit substrate binding (5). FK-506 can be up to 100-fold more potent than CsA in various models (6-8).
- Schulz, R.A. and Yutzey, K.E. (2004) Dev Biol 266, 1-16.
- Rusnak, F. and Mertz, P. (2000) Physiol Rev 80, 1483-521.
- Borel, J.F. et al. (1976) Agents Actions 6, 468-75.
- Kino, T. et al. (1987) J Antibiot (Tokyo) 40, 1249-55.
- Liu, J. et al. (1991) Cell 66, 807-15.
- Henderson, D.J. et al. (1991) Immunology 73, 316-21.
- Tocci, M.J. et al. (1989) J Immunol 143, 718-26.
- Yoshimura, N. et al. (1989) Transplantation 47, 351-6.
- Toledo, A. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e62863. Applications: Companion Products.
- Dragulescu-Andrasi, A. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 12060-5. Applications: Companion Products.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2175 Cyclophilin A Antibody
- 2183 NFAT3 (23E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2188 NFAT3 (31G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4998 NFAT4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.