Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Presenilin 2 (D30G3) Rabbit mAb #9979
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||23 (CTF)||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Presenilin 2 (D30G3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Presenilin 2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met323 of human Presenilin 2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Presenilin 1 (-/-) and Presenilin 2 (-/-) MEF cells using Presenilin 2 (D30G3) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb #5643 (lower). (Presenilin 1 (-/-) and Presenilin 2 (-/-) MEF cells were kindly provided by Dr. Bart De Strooper, K.U.Leuven, Belgium).
Presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 are transmembrane proteins belonging to the presenilin family. Mutation of presenilin genes has been linked to early onset of Alzheimer disease, probably due to presenilin's associated γ-secretase activity for amyloid-β protein processing (1,2). Endogenous presenilin mainly exists in a heterodimeric complex formed from the endoproteolytically processed amino-terminal (34 kDa) and carboxy-terminal (~20, 22, 23 kDa) fragments (CTF) (2,3).
- Haass, C. and DeStrooper, B. (1999) Science 286, 916-919.
- Kimberly, W.T. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3173-3178.
- Kim, T.W. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 11006-11010.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9998 BSA
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5565 PTMScan® Phospho-PKA Substrate Motif (RRXS*/T*) Kit
- 5643 Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb
- 5451 PEN2 Antibody
- 5665 Nicastrin (D38F9) Rabbit mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.