Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
Atg5 (D5G3) Rabbit mAb #9980
|9980S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9980||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Atg5 (D5G3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Atg5 protein. This antibody is capable of detecting Atg5 when conjugated to Atg12.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly232 of human Atg5 protein.
Autophagy is a catabolic process for the autophagosomic-lysosomal degradation of bulk cytoplasmic contents (1,2). Autophagy is generally activated by conditions of nutrient deprivation but has also been associated with a number of physiological processes including development, differentiation, neurodegeneration, infection, and cancer (3). The molecular machinery of autophagy was largely discovered in yeast and referred to as autophagy-related (Atg) genes. Formation of the autophagosome involves a ubiquitin-like conjugation system in which Atg12 is covalently bound to Atg5 and targeted to autophagosome vesicles (4-6). This conjugation reaction is mediated by the ubiquitin E1-like enzyme Atg7 and the E2-like enzyme Atg10 (7,8).
- Reggiori, F. and Klionsky, D.J. (2002) Eukaryot Cell 1, 11-21.
- Codogno, P. and Meijer, A.J. (2005) Cell Death Differ 12 Suppl 2, 1509-18.
- Levine, B. and Yuan, J. (2005) J Clin Invest 115, 2679-88.
- Mizushima, N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 33889-92.
- Mizushima, N. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 395-8.
- Suzuki, K. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 5971-81.
- Tanida, I. et al. (1999) Mol Biol Cell 10, 1367-79.
- Shintani, T. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 5234-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8540 Atg5 (D1G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2630 Atg5 Antibody
- 4180 Atg12 (D88H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.