Product Pathways - Translational Control
Symplekin Antibody #9981
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Symplekin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total symplekin protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with 40 and 55 kDa proteins of unknown origin in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp210 of human symplekin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Symplekin is necessary for 3’-end cleavage and polyadenylation of mRNAs, histone 3’-end processing, and polyadenylation in the cytoplasm (1-5). It is thought to act as a scaffolding protein, bringing together factors involved in mRNA 3’-end processing (1,2). Symplekin also plays a role in transcription initiation and termination by RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) through bridging the interaction between the polyadenylation machinery and RNAPII (3,6,7). In addition to its role in mRNA 3’-end processing, studies have shown that symplekin localizes at epithelial cell tight junctions where it may help to regulate tight junction assembly, thereby maintaining the integrity of the epithelial monolayer and cell polarity (8,9).
- Takagaki, Y. and Manley, J.L. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1515-25.
- Mandel, C.R. et al. (2008) Cell Mol Life Sci 65, 1099-122.
- He, X. et al. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 1030-42.
- Dominski, Z. and Marzluff, W.F. (2007) Gene 396, 373-90.
- Barnard, D.C. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 641-51.
- Calvo, O. and Manley, J.L. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 1321-7.
- Moore, M.J. and Proudfoot, N.J. (2009) Cell 136, 688-700.
- Keon, B.H. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 134, 1003-18.
- Chang, H. et al. (2012) Histochem Cell Biol 137, 319-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.