Product Pathways - Translational Control
NCBP1/CBP80 Antibody #9983
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NCBP1/CBP80 recognizes endogenous levels of total NCBP1/CBP80 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val452 of human NCBP1/CBP80 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nuclear cap-binding protein subunit 1 (NCBP1), also known as cap-binding protein 80 (CBP80), plays a role in nuclear pre-mRNA splicing (1,2). It has also been shown to function in the nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) of mRNAs where translation is prematurely terminated (3). NCBP1/CBP80 increases the efficiency of NMD by promoting the interaction of two active NMD components Upf1 and Upf2 (4).
- Izaurralde, E. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 657-68.
- Izaurralde, E. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 709-12.
- Ishigaki, Y. et al. (2001) Cell 106, 607-17.
- Hosoda, N. et al. (2005) Nat Struct Mol Biol 12, 893-901.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9435 Upf1 Antibody
- 5053 Argonaute 1 (D84G10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9388 Argonaute 1 Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 6913 Argonaute 4 (D10F10) Rabbit mAb
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4317 FMRP Antibody
- 4524 FMRP (G468) Antibody
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4264 FXR1 (L662) Antibody
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.