Product Pathways - Metabolism
|9996L||5 mg||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
- Molecular Formula:
- C45H74O11 (for Oligomycin A)
- Molecular Weight:
- 789.3 g/mol
Directions For Use
Oligomycin is soluble in DMSO, acetone or ethanol.
Western blot analysis demonstrating optimal cell culture conditions for oligomycin treatment. 293 cells were cultured in the presence or absence of serum (O/N) and treated with or without Oligomycin (0.5µM, 30 min). Western blot analysis performed using Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb #4188.
Oligomycin is supplied in lyophilized form.
During oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria, the electron transport system pumps H+ from the matrix into the intermembrane compartment. This process generates a H+ gradient across the mitochondrial inner membrane. This H+ gradient is used to drive mitochondrial FoF1 ATPase to convert ADP to ATP. Oligomycin, an antibiotic from Streptomyces diastatochromogenes, blocks oxidative phosphorylation by binding to the Fo part of the ATPase to inhibit its activity (1-3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2603 AMPKα (23A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 2793 AMPKα (F6) Mouse mAb
- 4184 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485) Antibody
- 4185 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485)/AMPKα2 (Ser491) Antibody
- 4181 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser108) Antibody
- 4148 AMPKβ2 Antibody
- 4186 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser182) Antibody
- 4187 AMPKγ1 Antibody
- 2536 AMPKγ2 Antibody
- 2550 AMPKγ3 Antibody
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 3662 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.