Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
CST Antibody Performance Guarantee
To Purchase # 13888S
|13888S||100 µl (250 sections)||$239.00|
|$ 0. 00|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
PTM information and tools available.
Galectin-1/LGALS1 (D608T) Rabbit mAb (IHC Formulated) #13888
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Galectin-1/LGALS1 (D608T) Rabbit mAb (IHC Formulated) in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).Learn more about how we got this image
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian mucinous cystadenocarcinoma using Galectin-1/LGALS1 (D608T) Rabbit mAb (IHC Formulated).Learn more about how we got this image
Gallery: Galectin-1/LGALS1 (D608T) Rabbit mAb (IHC Formulated) #13888
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- Ethanol, anhydrous denatured, histological grade (100% and 95%).
- Deionized water (dH2O).
- Hematoxylin (optional).
- Wash Buffer:
- 1X Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST): To prepare 1L 1X TBST add 100 ml 10X Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (#9997) to 900 ml dH20, mix.
- SignalStain® Antibody Diluent (#8112).
- Antigen Unmasking Citrate: 10 mM Sodium Citrate Buffer: To prepare 1 L, add 2.94 g sodium citrate trisodium salt dihydrate (C6H5Na3O7â¢2H2O) to 1 L dH2O. Adjust pH to 6.0.
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide: To prepare 100 ml, add 10 ml 30% H2O2 to 90 ml dH2O.
- Blocking Solution: TBST/5% Normal Goat Serum: to 5 ml 1X TBST, add 250 µl Normal Goat Serum (#5425).
- Detection System: SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagents (HRP, Rabbit #8114).
- Substrate: SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit (#8059).
NOTE: Do not allow slides to dry at any time during this procedure.
- Deparaffinize/hydrate sections:
- Incubate sections in three washes of xylene for 5 min each.
- Incubate sections in two washes of 100% ethanol for 10 min each.
- Incubate sections in two washes of 95% ethanol for 10 min each.
- Wash sections two times in dH2O for 5 min each.
C. Antigen Unmasking
For Citrate: Bring slides to a boil in 10 mM sodium citrate buffer, pH 6.0; maintain at a sub-boiling temperature for 10 min. Cool slides on bench top for 30 min.
- Wash sections in dH2O three times for 5 min each.
- Incubate sections in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 10 min.
- Wash sections in dH2O two times for 5 min each.
- Wash sections in wash buffer for 5 min.
- Block each section with 100–400 µl blocking solution for 1 hr at room temperature.
- Remove blocking solution and add 100–400 µl primary antibody diluted in SignalStain® Antibody Diluent (#8112) to each section. Incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Equilibrate SignalStain® Boost Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit #8114) to room temperature.
- Remove antibody solution and wash sections with wash buffer three times for 5 min each.
- Cover section with 1–3 drops SignalStain® Boost Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit #8114) as needed. Incubate in a humidified chamber for 30 min at room temperature.
- Wash sections three times with wash buffer for 5 min each.
- Add 1 drop (30 µl) SignalStain® DAB Chromogen Concentrate to 1 ml SignalStain® DAB Diluent and mix well before use.
- Apply 100–400 µl SignalStain® DAB to each section and monitor closely. 1–10 min generally provides an acceptable staining intensity.
- Immerse slides in dH2O.
- If desired, counterstain sections with hematoxylin per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash sections in dH2O two times for 5 min each.
- Dehydrate sections:
- Incubate sections in 95% ethanol two times for 10 sec each.
- Repeat in 100% ethanol, incubating sections two times for 10 sec each.
- Repeat in xylene, incubating sections two times for 10 sec each.
- Mount sections with coverslips.
posted February 2010
revised November 2013
protocol id: 283
Galectin-1/LGALS1 (D608T) Rabbit mAb (IHC Formulated) recognizes endogenous levels of total galectin-1/LGALS1 protein.Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human galectin-1/LGALS1 protein.
Galectins are a family of β-galactose binding proteins that are characterized by their affinity for poly-N-acetyllactosamine-enriched glycoconjugates and their carbohydrate-binding site (1,2). Members of the galectin family have been implicated in a variety of biological functions including cell adhesion (3), growth regulation (4), cytokine production (5), T cell apoptosis (6), and immune responses (7). Galectin-1/LGALS1 has been shown to be expressed in a wide range of tissues and cell types. The level and pattern of expression of galectin-1 has been shown to change during development (8). In addition to a role in developmental processes, galectin-1 has been shown to be involved in central immune tolerance and may function in tumorigenesis by modulating the immune response to the tumor (9,10). Research studies have shown that galectin-1 expression is increased in several human cancers, suggesting a correlation with metastatic potential (10).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.