News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
CST Antibody Performance Guarantee
To Purchase # 6990S
|6990S||1 ml (40 immunoprecipitations)||$129.00|
|$ 0. 00|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
PTM information and tools available.
Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #6990
Immunoprecipitation of Jurkat cell extracts using Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691. Extracts were incubated with either Anti-Rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) (lane 1) or Protein A Beads (lane 2). The western blot was probed using Akt (pan) (40D4) Mouse mAb #2920.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #6990
Immunoprecipitation for Native Proteins
This protocol is intended for immunoprecipitation of native proteins for analysis by western immunoblot or kinase activity.
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L of 1X PBS, add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
10X Cell Lysis Buffer: (#9803) To prepare 10 ml of 1X cell lysis buffer, add 1 ml cell lysis buffer to 9 ml dH2O, mix.
NOTE: Add 1 mM PMSF (#8553) immediately prior to use.
- 3X SDS Sample Buffer: Blue Loading Pack (#7722) or Red Loading Pack (#7723) Prepare fresh 3X reducing loading buffer by adding 1/10 volume 30X DTT to 1 volume of 3X SDS loading buffer.
- Protein A Magnetic Beads: Use Protein A (#8687) for rabbit IgG immunoprecipitation.
- 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack: (#7017).
- 10X Kinase Buffer (for kinase assays): (#9802) To Prepare 1 ml of 1X kinase buffer, add 100 µl 10X kinase buffer to 900 µl dH2O, mix.
- ATP (10 mM) (for kinase assays): (#9804) To prepare 0.5 ml of ATP (200 µM), add 10 µl ATP (10 mM) to 490 µl 1X kinase buffer.
B. Preparing Cell Lysates
- Aspirate media. Treat cells by adding fresh media containing regulator for desired time.
- To harvest cells under nondenaturing conditions, remove media and rinse cells once with ice-cold 1X PBS.
- Remove PBS and add 0.5 ml ice-cold 1X cell lysis buffer to each plate (10 cm) and incubate on ice for 5 min.
- Scrape cells off the plate and transfer to microcentrifuge tubes. Keep on ice.
- Sonicate on ice three times for 5 sec each.
- Microcentrifuge for 10 min at 4°C, 14,000 x g and transfer the supernatant to a new tube. The supernatant is the cell lysate. If necessary, lysate can be stored at -80°C.
Cell Lysate Pre-Clearing (Optional)
- Vortex to mix beads.
- Add 10–30 µl of 50% Protein A magnetic bead slurry of to 200 µl cell lysate at 1 mg/ml.
- Incubate with rotation at 4°C for 30–60 min.
- Pellet beads using magnetic separation rack. Transfer the supernatant to a fresh tube.
- Proceed to immunoprecipitation below.
- Add primary antibody (at the appropriate dilution as recommended in the product datasheet) to 200 µl cell lysate at 1 mg/ml. Incubate with rotation overnight at 4°C.
- Add protein A magnetic beads (10–30 µl of 50% bead slurry). Incubate with rotation for 10–30 min at 4°C.
- Pellet beads using magnetic separation rack. Wash pellet five times with 500 µl of 1X cell lysis buffer. Keep on ice between washes.
- Proceed to analyze by western immunoblotting or kinase activity (section D).
D. Sample Analysis
Proceed to one of the following specific set of steps.
For Analysis by Western Immunoblotting
- Resuspend the pellet with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec at 14,000 x g.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2-5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on a 4–20% gel for SDS-PAGE.
- Analyze sample by western blot (see Western Immunoblotting Protocol).
NOTE: To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG heavy chains (~50 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb (#3677) or Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127). To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG light chains (~25 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127).
For Analysis by Kinase Assay
- Wash pellet twice with 500 µl 1X kinase buffer. Keep on ice.
- Suspend pellet in 40 µl 1X kinase buffer supplemented with 200 µM ATP and appropriate substrate.
- Incubate for 30 min at 30°C.
- Terminate reaction with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec.
- Transfer supernatant containing phosphorylated substrate to another tube.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2–5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on SDS-PAGE (4–20%).
posted December 2008
revised November 2013
protocol id: 410
Add 10-20 μl of well-vortexed beads to 200 μl of cell lysate at 1 mg/ml in 1X Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803. See protocol for more details.Storage: Supplied in 10 mM sodium HEPES (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 µg/ml BSA, 50% glycerol. Store at –20°C. Do not aliquot the antibodies.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated Sepharose® beads. Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab') 2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of antibodies raised in rabbit.
Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-goat serum, Rabbit IgG and Rabbit serum. No reaction was observed against anti-pepsin, anti-goat IgG Fc, or human or mouse serum proteins.
Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment is produced by immunizing goats with rabbit IgG whole molecules. The Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment is prepared from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography using Rabbit IgG coupled to agarose beads followed by solid phase adsorption to remove any unwanted reactivities, pepsin digestion, and chromatographic separation.
Anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is ideal for immunoprecipitation. This secondary antibody will detect rabbit antibodies. Since this secondary antibody is made with F(ab')2 fragments, non-specific binding through Fc receptors present on cells will be eliminated.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.