Come visit Cell Signaling Technology (CST) at one of the upcoming conferences or vendor shows we are attending. Please stop by the CST booth to meet with one of our scientists, learn about new products, pick up some reference material or simply stop by to say hello.
Global Trade Logistics Supervisor
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications, and XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.
The Global Trade and Logistics Supervisor supports Cell Signaling Technology with import/export regulatory and logistics services for compliance with international biological and chemical safety regulations. S/he will also lead the International Customer Service team in managing our relationships with our international distributors and partners. The ideal candidate will find this position to be an excellent opportunity for professional growth and advancement with Cell Signaling Technology as business objectives and functional needs continue to expand in scope and complexity as we expand our global footprint.
- Manage responsibilities and company approach related to ensuring our products can be shipped internationally in a timely and effective manner (e.g. preparation of VS-16 forms)
- Establish SOPs and protocols to ensure that international operations, product packaging and labeling meet all regulatory requirements.
- Lead, supervise and develop International Customer Service team.
- Perform classification of CST items to comply with global trade rules (e.g. HTS codes, ECCN codes, etc)
- Research and understand changing country-specific laws and regulations (e.g. IREGs, OSHA, GHS, REACH, DOT, IATA) governing biological import/export, SDS authoring, chemical transportation, and hazardous chemical management to ensure continuous adaptation of CST process for compliance.
- Analyze CST's overall compliance with global trade rules, and maintain plan to improve compliance over time.
- Provide accurate and timely regulatory support to both internal and external customers for the import and export of chemicals and biologicals worldwide.
- Create and maintain product regulatory reports, procedures and documentation
- Review, analyze and drive the resolution of regulatory issues that prevent the smooth flow of CST product and materials worldwide.
- Collaborate with international subsidiaries, distributors, and regulatory agencies to understand regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with IT and various CST stakeholders to specify, develop and deploy systems and tools that will automate processes.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years experience working in a Bio-pharmaceutical supply chain role
- Experience in Global trade and Logistics, Regulatory, or Product stewardship, with emphasis on import/export requirements required
- Experience interacting with U.S. and international regulatory agencies
- 2+ years supervisory experience a plus
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong documentation skills with an attention to detail and ability to accurately manage large amounts of detailed information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple assignments concurrently
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong service orientation, highly self-motivated and energetic
- Independent, takes initiative and responsibility for own actions
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
You will be taken to an external website, please attach your cover letter and resume as one document and refer to job code GTLS-2017-R when applying.