Alternative Transportation Plan
2016/2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
A report on CST's commitment to science, employees, community and the planet.
2016 Small Grants Program Report
CST’s US-based Alternative Transportation Program (ATP) offers financial incentives and up to two days off work to promote alternative transportation such as carpooling, walking, biking, or taking public transportation. The ATP is a key example of making a positive impact on the planet through employee engagement. CST has also made a number of improvements to our facilities to make them more commuter-friendly including showers, indoor bike racks, and small lockers. In addition to our commitments to alternative transportation, CST provides a $1,000 subsidy paid to employees who purchase Low Emission, Fuel Efficient (LEFE) vehicles. Drivers of LEFE vehicles have access to preferred parking spots that are closer to entrances to our buildings. In 2013, CST installed two electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at both U.S. facilities that offer free charging for employees and registered visitors. We are doubling our EV charging stations in 2018, thanks to partial grant funding from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Highlights of our Alternative Transportation Program include:
- Received Pinnacle Award for Excellence in Commuter Options by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation from 2012-2017
- 917,210 commuting miles were avoided, which is equal to driving around the world 37 times!
- 30,574 gallons of fuel saved
- 272 tons of carbon dioxide emissions prevented from reaching the atmosphere
- 33 LEFE vehicles registered since 2012