NEW Grant Application Deadline: Spring, May 1st (one cycle starting in 2019)
Grant Application Guidelines and Project Description Criteria
- Only non-profit organizations will be considered. Please include a copy of your IRS Form 501(c)3 as proof of non-profit status (required).
- Applications supporting groups or events that openly discriminate against others will not be reviewed or receive funding.
- Organizations receiving $5,000 or more will be expected to give a project presentation or submit an end of project report within one year of receiving funds. CST Small Grants range from $500-$8,000.
- Projects that may go unfunded without the support of CST will be favored. In addition to a brief summary, please include a detailed grant proposal with your application.
- Please describe why the project is being undertaken, who will benefit from the project, the names of key people involved along with contact information, and a proposed budget including itemization. Attach any additional material that you feel will be useful for the committee, including price quotes.
Environmental Grants (CST Environmental Grants Committee)
- Organizations registered in Massachusetts will be favored over organizations in other geographic areas.
- Grant proposals must have an environmental aspect, such as conservation of ecosystems, wildlife/habitat protection or environmental education.
Community Grants (CST Community Grants Committee)
- Nonprofit organizations located in the following communities will be favored for funding: Beverly, Danvers, Salem, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Manchester, Rockport, Peabody, Topsfield, Wenham, Essex and Lynn.
- Funding will be prioritized toward organizations/projects benefiting many people.
Education in Science Grants (CST EIS Committee)
- Science teachers/departments from public elementary, middle, and high schools located in the following communities will be favored for funding: Beverly, Danvers, Salem, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Manchester, Rockport, Peabody, Topsfield, Wenham, Essex, and Lynn, MA. Charter schools will be considered. Private schools will not be considered for funding.
- Funding will be prioritized toward proposals that are based on enriching the life-science curriculum of the applying school. Funding will also be prioritized toward proposals that will benefit the highest number of students and that will also have a continuing positive impact on future classes.
- Please describe how this will enhance the current curriculum of your science department. Please also state how many classrooms/students will benefit from the funding and whether or not the funding will have a lasting benefit for your school. In addition, an itemized list of the use of your proposed funding is required. This may allow for partial funding of your request by CST.
Please contact us with your questions or concerns.