Product Pathways - Neuroscience
VAMP2 Antibody #11829
|11829S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11829||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||13||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VAMP2 antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total VAMP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human VAMP2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 (VAMP2, also called synaptobrevin) is part of the R-soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor (SNARE) complex (1). The SNARE complex is involved in vesicular transport and membrane fusion, a process regulated by calcium (2). In neurons, VAMP2 is predominantly inserted in presynaptic vesicle membranes. Assembly of VAMP2 with the plasma membrane SNAREs syntaxin 1 and SNAP25 is a key event necessary for membrane fusion and neurotransmitter release (2). In addition to this important function, VAMP2 is also involved in granule exocytosis in neutrophils (3) and release of bioactive peptides from cardiac myocytes (4) and juxtaglomerular cells (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8474 Munc18-1 Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5308 SNAP25 (D7B4) Rabbit mAb
- 5309 SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.