Product Pathways - Metabolism
TRXR2/TXNRD2 (3F2-E12-F10) Mouse mAb #12029
|12029S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12029||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||56||Mouse IgG3|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRXR2/TXNRD2 (3F2-E12-F10) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TRXR2/TXNRD2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human TRXR2/TXNRD2 protein.
Thioredoxin reductases are selenoproteins that are critical for maintaining cellular redox balance and eliminating reactive oxygen species (ROS) (1-4). There are three known mammalian thioredoxin reductases: TRXR1/TXNRD1 (cytosolic), TRXR2/TXNRD2 (mitochondrial), and TRXR3/TXNRD3 (testis-specific) (1). TRXR2 may function to protect against tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α)-mediated ROS generation (5). TRXR2 is critical for normal heart development and function (1,4). TRXR2 KO mice experience embryonic lethality, while mitochondrial dysfunction seen in heart-specific TRXR2 KO mice results in congestive heart failure (4). In humans, certain rare mutations in TRXR2 have been linked to dilated cardiomyopathy (1). A recent study in the EPIC-Heidelberg cohort shows that serum selenium levels, in concert with certain SNPs in TRXR2 and other selenoproteins, can influence prostate cancer risk (6).
- Sibbing, D. et al. (2011) Eur Heart J 32, 1121-33.
- Gasdaska, P.Y. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 442, 105-11.
- Miranda-Vizuete, A. et al. (1999) Eur J Biochem 261, 405-12.
- Conrad, M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 9414-23.
- Hansen, J.M. et al. (2006) Toxicol Sci 91, 643-50.
- Méplan, C. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e48709.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6925 TRXR1 Antibody
- 2429 Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 1057 Thioredoxin 1 Blocking Peptide
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.