Product Pathways - Metabolism
PANK4 (D8N2C) Rabbit mAb #12055
|12055S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12055||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||82||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
PANK4 (D8N2C) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PANK4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn373 of human PANK4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines and tissues using PANK4 (D8N2C) Rabbit mAb.
Panthothenate kinase (PANK) is an enzyme that is responsible for catalyzing the first step in coenzyme A (CoA) synthesis (1-4). There are four human PANK genes (PANK1-4) (1-4). PANK4 is ubiquitously expressed, but higher expression levels are observed in muscle (1,2). PANK4 expression is elevated in rat skeletal muscle under high glucose conditions (2). There is evidence that rat PANK4 colocalizes with pyruvate kinase M2 (PKM2) in vitro (2). PANK4 may also play a protective role in beta-cell apoptosis by lowering the levels of pro-caspase-9 (3). Research studies have shown that mutations in the PANK2 gene are associated with Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation (NBIA), formerly known as Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome (1,4). Expression of hPANK4 in a Drosophila model of NBIA rescues the phenotype with the exception of infertility (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6923 PANK2 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 5322 GFAT1 (D12F4) Rabbit mAb
- 3818 GFAT1 Antibody
- 6917 GFAT2 (D40C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 8337 Glycolysis Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8060 Aldolase A (D73H4) Rabbit mAb
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 8966 SignalSilence® Aldolase A siRNA I
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.