Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CP110 Antibody #12140
|12140S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12140||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CP110 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CP110 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a protein of unknown origin at ~65 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Ser580 of human CP110 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The centrosome is an organelle that plays an important role in the mammalian cell cycle. Prior to the onset of mitosis, the single interphase centrosome duplicates only once, creating a pair of daughter centrosomes that will form the two spindle poles after breakdown of the nuclear envelope. Failure to duplicate or overduplication of the centrosome can result in polyploidy and genomic instability (reviewed in 1). Centrosomal protein of 110 kDa (CP110) is a cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) substrate that plays a critical role in promoting the duplication of centrosomes and correct spindle formation (2). In addition, CP110 has been shown to interact with calmodulin (CaM) and centrin to regulate the progression through cytokinesis (3), and with Cep97 and Cep290 to regulate the formation of primary cilia (4,5). CP110 expression is induced in G1/S with peak expression during S-phase. Degradation of CP110 is mediated by cyclin F in G2-phase and is required for normal progression into M-phase (6).
- Hinchcliffe, E.H. and Sluder, G. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 1167-81.
- Chen, Z. et al. (2002) Dev Cell 3, 339-50.
- Tsang, W.Y. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 3423-34.
- Spektor, A. et al. (2007) Cell 130, 678-90.
- Tsang, W.Y. et al. (2008) Dev Cell 15, 187-97.
- D'Angiolella, V. et al. (2010) Nature 466, 138-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2546 CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb
- 4830 Calmodulin Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.