Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb #12155
|12155S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12155||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||47, 49 (Phosphorylated)||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-2 protein. This antibody is not known to cross-react with other MAPKAPK proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro381 of human MAPKAPK-2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated (-) or treated with UV (40 mJ/cm2, 30 min recovery; +), using MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from MAPKAPK-2 wild type (WT) and knockout (KO) mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF) using MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). MAPKAPK-2 WT and KO MEFs were generously provided by Drs. Sandra Morandell and Michael Yaffe, David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
Immunoprecipitation of MAPKAPK-2 from HeLa cell extracts using MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb (lane 2), MAPKAPK-2 Antibody #3042 (lane 3), or Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 4). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using MAPKAPK-2 (D1E11) Rabbit mAb. Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb #3678 was used as a secondary antibody.
In response to cytokines, stress, and chemotactic factors, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 (MAPKAPK-2) is rapidly phosphorylated and activated. It has been shown that MAPKAPK-2 is a direct target of p38 MAPK (1). Multiple residues of MAPKAPK-2 are phosphorylated in vivo in response to stress. However, only four residues (Thr25, Thr222, Ser272, and Thr334) are phosphorylated by p38 MAPK in an in vitro kinase assay (2). Phosphorylation at Thr222, Ser272, and Thr334 appears to be essential for the activity of MAPKAPK-2 (2). Thr25 is phosphorylated by p42 MAPK in vitro, but is not required for the activation of MAPKAPK-2 (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3316 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr222) (9A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4320 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4338 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 3678 Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.