Product Pathways - Metabolism
HMOX2/HO-2 Antibody #12226
|12226S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12226||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
HMOX2/HO-2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total HMOX2/HO-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met262 of human HMOX2/HO-2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heme oxygenases (HMOX or HO) catalyze the rate-limiting step of the oxidative degradation of heme into iron, carbon monoxide, and biliverdin (1). Biliverdin is then converted to bilirubin (2). Heme is a strong pro-oxidant whereas bilirubin is a strong antioxidant (2). Research studies suggest disregulation of heme oxygenases may contribute to oxidative stress-related diseases (2). There are three isozymes of heme oxygenases: HMOX1/HO-1, HMOX2/HO-2, and HMOX3/HO-3 (1,2). HMOX1/HO-1 is inducible by heme and other stress stimuli (1,3). HMOX2/HO-2 and HMOX3/HO-3 are constitutively expressed (1,3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2429 Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 3286 GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.