Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
CABIN1 (D2B9F) Rabbit mAb #12660
|12660S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12660||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CABIN1 (D2B9F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CABIN1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human CABIN1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CABIN1 (D2B9F) Rabbit mAb.
Calcineurin binding protein CABIN1 was originally identified as an inhibitor of the calcium-dependent serine/threonine phosphatase, calcineurin. CABIN1 inhibits calcineurin signaling in T cells, regulating T cell receptor (TCR) signaling, transcription, and apoptosis (1-4). CABIN1 represses myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2)-mediated transcription by recruiting chromatin remodeling enzymes (5), and also negatively regulates the activity of the tumor suppressor p53 (6). In response to genotoxic stress, CABIN1 is degraded and releases its inhibition of p53, allowing p53 to elicit cellular stress responses (7). CABIN1 is also involved in regulation of chromatin structure as part of the highly conserved HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1A (HUCA) histone chaperone complex (8,9).
- Sun, L. et al. (1998) Immunity 8, 703-11.
- Youn, H.D. and Liu, J.O. (2000) Immunity 13, 85-94.
- Liu, W. et al. (2001) Eur J Immunol 31, 1757-64.
- Kim, M.J. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99, 9870-5.
- Jang, H. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 11172-9.
- Jang, H. et al. (2009) Nat Struct Mol Biol 16, 910-5.
- Choi, S.Y. et al. (2013) Nucleic Acids Res 41, 2180-2190.
- Rai, T.S. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 4107-18.
- Tang, Y. et al. (2012) Biochemistry 51, 2366-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2614 Pan-Calcineurin A Antibody
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.