Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb #12671
|12671S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12671||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MEK1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK2 or other MAPK kinase proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human MEK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). MEK1/2 WT (MEK-WT), MEK1 knockout (MEK1-/-) and MEK2 knockout (MEK2-/-) MEFs were generously provided by Dr. Jean Charron, Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de l'Université Laval, Quebec, Canada.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded colon adenocarcinoma using MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, wild type MEF (left), MEK1 (-/-) MEF (middle) or MEK2 (-/-) MEF (right), using MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb. Cells provided by Dr. Jean Charron, Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de l’Université Laval, Quebec, Canada.
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 5744 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated)
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 8727 MEK1/2 (D1A5) Rabbit mAb
- 13033 MEK1/2 (D1A5) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate)
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 3958 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.