Product Pathways - Lineage Markers
DAZ1 Antibody #12706
|12706S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12706||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
DAZ1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total DAZ1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro311 of human DAZ1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human testis and brain tissue using DAZ1 Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
The human Deleted in AZoospermia (DAZ) genes encode a family of RNA-binding proteins that are expressed exclusively in the germ cells and play a role in the regulation of mRNA translation (1). Members of the family include DAZ, DAZL, and BOULE. The essential role of DAZL and BOULE in spermatogenesis has been established (2-4), but the role of DAZ remains unclear. Men with deletions in the DAZ1 gene can produce sperm, although in lower numbers, and are capable of reproduction and transmission of the genetic lesions (5-7).
- Yen, P.H. (2004) Int J Androl 27, 125-9.
- Ruggiu, M. et al. (1997) Nature 389, 73-7.
- Houston, D.W. and King, M.L. (2000) Development 127, 447-56.
- Karashima, T. et al. (2000) Development 127, 1069-79.
- Calogero, A.E. et al. (2002) J Endocrinol Invest 25, 631-4.
- Kühnert, B. et al. (2004) Hum Reprod 19, 886-8.
- Reynolds, N. and Cooke, H.J. (2005) Reprod Biomed Online 10, 72-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8042 DAZL Antibody
- 8761 DDX4 (D10C5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.