Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
SCAI (D9A7Y) Rabbit mAb #12892
|12892S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12892||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SCAI (D9A7Y) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SCAI protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SCAI protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SCAI (D9A7Y) Rabbit mAb.
The serum response factor (SRF) is a ubiquitous protein that modulates transcription of genes containing serum response elements (SRE) at their promoters. SRF regulates cellular processes such as cell proliferation and cytoskeletal signaling in conjunction with a variety of cofactors (1-3).
Suppressor of cancer cell invasion (SCAI) is a highly conserved transcriptional cofactor that inhibits the activity of myocardin-related transcription factor (MRTF) family members MAL (MRTF-A), myocardin and OTT-MAL (4,5). SCAI controls the expression of integrin β1 and regulates cell migration and invasion in vitro (4). SCAI has also been shown to play a role in transcriptional regulation in neurons by regulating dendritic morphology through inhibition of the megakaryoblastic leukemia (MKL) family of transcription cofactors (6). Research studies have implicated SCAI in the regulation of the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) as well as in renal fibrosis (7).
- Pipes, G.C. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 1545-56.
- Posern, G. and Treisman, R. (2006) Trends Cell Biol 16, 588-96.
- Olson, E.N. and Nordheim, A. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 353-65.
- Brandt, D.T. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 557-68.
- Brandt, D.T. et al. (2009) Cell Cycle 8, 2523-7.
- Ishikawa, M. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 32734-43.
- Fintha, A. et al. (2013) Am J Pathol 182, 388-400.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4261 Phospho-SRF (Ser103) Antibody
- 5147 SRF (D71A9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9699 Integrin β1 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.