Product Pathways - Protein Stability
SYVN1 Antibody #12925
|12925S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12925||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SYVN1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total synoviolin-1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with AMFR/gp78.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human synoviolin-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with constructs expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human SYVN1 (hSYVN1-Myc/DDK; +) or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human AMFR (hAMFR-Myc/DDK; +), using SYVN1 Antibody (upper) and DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody #2368 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of SYVN1 from HeLa cell extracts using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or SYVN1 Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using SYVN1 Antibody.
Synoviolin-1 (SYVN1/HRD1) is a RING-type E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase and major component of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) quality control system that is involved in the ubiquitin-dependent degradation of misfolded proteins (1). SYVN1 is a multispanning ER membrane protein whose expression is upregulated at the protein level under conditions that promote ER stress (1-4). Research studies have shown that SYVN1 is an anti-apoptotic factor that is implicated in the pathogenesis of arthropathy by promoting synovial hyperplasia (5). Furthermore, gene-targeting studies have demonstrated that SYVN1 expression is indispensable for embryogenesis (6).
- Kikkert, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 3525-34.
- Kaneko, M. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett 581, 5355-60.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (2008) J Biochem 144, 477-86.
- Nadav, E. et al. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303, 91-7.
- Amano, T. et al. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 2436-49.
- Yagishita, N. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 7909-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12497 OS-9 (D8P4G) Rabbit mAb
- 9590 AMFR Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 13204 SignalSilence® SYVN1 siRNA I
- 8897 Derlin-1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.