Product Pathways - Metabolism
FoxC2 (D4D4) Rabbit mAb #12974
|12974S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12974||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxC2 (D4D4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FoxC2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu278 of human FoxC2 protein.
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors defined by the presence of a winged helix DNA binding domain called a Forkhead box (1). In humans, there are over 40 known Fox protein family members, divided into 19 subfamilies, which have evolved to regulate gene transcription in diverse and highly specialized biological contexts throughout development (2). Mutations that disrupt the expression of Fox gene family members have consequently been implicated in a broad array of human disorders, including immunological dysfunction, infertility, speech/language disorders, and cancer (3,4).
The expression of FoxC2 and several other Fox transcription factors are regulated during adipogenesis, suggesting their involvement in adipocyte differentiation (5). A transgenic mouse model exhibiting over expression of FoxC2 in white adipose tissue (WAT) and brown adipose tissue (BAT) showed a reduction of the intra-abdominal WAT depot (6). The BAT-specific gene Ucp1 is upregulated in the intra-abdominal WAT depot of these transgenic mice, resulting in histological features similar to those seen in BAT. This evidence suggests that FoxC2 can play a protective role against obesity and diet-induced insulin resistance (6).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Jackson, B.C. et al. (2010) Hum Genomics 4, 345-52.
- Hannenhalli, S. and Kaestner, K.H. (2009) Nat Rev Genet 10, 233-40.
- Benayoun, B.A. et al. (2011) Trends Genet 10, 224-32.
- Gerin, I. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 10755-63.
- Cederberg, A. et al. (2001) Cell 106, 563-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.