Product Pathways - Neuroscience
β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb #12990
|12990S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12990||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb recognizes the Aβ-40 isoform of the β-amyloid peptides. This antibody does not cross-react with other β-amyloid peptides.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human β-amyloid (1-40) peptide.
Western blot analysis of brain extracts from 13-month old wild-type and TG2576 mice using β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of human Aβ-37, Aβ-38, Aβ-39, Aβ-40, Aβ-42 and Aβ-43 peptides (10 ng) using β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb #8243 (lower).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of hippocampus from wild-type (left) and TG2576 (right) mice using β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb (green) and β3-Tubulin (TU-20) Mouse mAb #4466 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12467 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb
- 12077 β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9888 β-Amyloid (D12B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 6986 Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3823 Phospho-APP (Thr668) Antibody
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5887 γ Secretase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.