Product Pathways - Neuroscience
β-Amyloid (pE3 Peptide) Antibody #13172
|13172S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13172||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Amyloid (pE3 Peptide) Antibody recognizes recombinant pE3 form of β-amyloid peptides. This antibody does not cross-react with the non-pyroglutamate (E3) form of β-amyloid peptides.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human β-amyloid (pE3) peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of the indicated amounts of human Aβ (pE3-42) and Aβ (1-42) peptides using β-Amyloid (pE3 Peptide) Antibody (upper) or β-Amyloid (1-42 Specific) (D3E10) Rabbit mAb #12843 (lower).
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
Aβ peptides can be further modified by amino-terminal truncation that exposes a free glutamate residue to the enzyme glutaminyl cyclase, which catalyzes the formation of an amino-terminal pyroglutamate (pE) (7,8). Aβ (pE3) peptides exhibit increased stability relative to non-modified peptides due to an enhanced resistance to peptidase-mediated degradation (9) and a higher propensity to form β-sheets and aggregate (10). Antibodies targeting Aβ (pE3) peptides may be plaque-specific as there is no evidence for circulating Aβ (pE3) peptides (11).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
- Jawhar, S. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 38825-32.
- Saido, T.C. et al. (1995) Neuron 14, 457-66.
- Saido, T.C. et al. (1996) Neurosci Lett 215, 173-6.
- He, W. and Barrow, C.J. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 10871-7.
- Demattos, R.B. et al. (2012) Neuron 76, 908-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 12592 β-Amyloid Peptides Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6986 Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 12467 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb
- 12356 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 12077 β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb
- 12990 β-Amyloid (1-40 Specific) (D8Q7I) Rabbit mAb
- 12843 β-Amyloid (1-42 Specific) (D3E10) Rabbit mAb
- 9888 β-Amyloid (D12B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5887 γ Secretase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.