Product Pathways - Metabolism
SOD2 (D9V9C) Rabbit mAb #13194
|13194S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13194||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||22||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SOD2 (D9V9C) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SOD2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala120 of human SOD2 protein.
Manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD or SOD2) is a mitochondrial detoxification enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of superoxide to hydrogen peroxide (1,2). Hydrogen peroxide is then decomposed to water by catalase, glutathione peroxidase, or peroxiredoxins (2). MnSOD/SOD2 and other enzymes involved in antioxidant defense protect cells from reactive oxygen species (ROS) (2). Calorie restriction leads to SIRT3-mediated deacetylation of MnSOD/SOD2 and the subsequent increase of its antioxidant activity (3). MnSOD/SOD2 also plays an essential role in mediating the protective effect of mTOR inhibition to reduce epithelial stem cell senescence (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4266 SOD1 (71G8) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 3286 GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 2429 Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 6925 TRXR1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.