Product Pathways - Metabolism
Mitofusin-1 Antibody #13196
|13196S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13196||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mitofusin-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total mitofusin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human mitofusin-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Mitofusin-1 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with SignalSilence® Control siRNA (unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® Mitofusin-1 siRNA I #13274 (+) or SignalSilence® Mitofusin-1 siRNA II #13303 (+), using Mitofusin-1 Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D8A6) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The Mitofusin-1 Antibody confirms silencing of mitofusin-1 expression, while the β-Actin (D8A6) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Mitofusins are mitochondrial transmembrane GTPases that function to regulate mitochondrial fusion, a process that occurs in concert with mitochondrial division and is necessary for the maintenance of structural and genetic mitochondrial integrity (1,2). Two mitofusins have been described in mammals, mitofusin-1 and -2, which share 60% amino acid identity and appear to function coordinately to regulate mitochondrial fusion (3). Mitochondrial fusion is widely recognized as important for normal cell growth and development (4), and may have evolved as a mechanism to offset the deleterious effects of mtDNA mutations (3). Null mutations in either mitofusin are embryonic lethal in mice, whereas conditional knockout studies have shown that combined deletion of mitofusin-1 and mitofusin-2 in skeletal muscle results in severe mitochondrial dysfunction (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9482 Mitofusin-2 (D2D10) Rabbit mAb
- 11925 Mitofusin-2 (D1E9) Rabbit mAb
- 8674 Mitochondrial Marker Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4850 COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb
- 4280 Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 13274 SignalSilence® Mitofusin-1 siRNA I
- 13303 SignalSilence® Mitofusin-1 siRNA II
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
SignalSilence® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.