Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Complexin-1 Antibody #13239
|13239S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13239||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||14||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Complexin-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total complexin-1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with complexin-2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala82 of human complexin-1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cells lines and tissues using Complexin-1 Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full length human complexin-1 (hCPLX-1-Myc; +) or complexin-2 (hCPLX-2-Myc; +), using Complexin-1 Antibody (upper), Complexin-1/2 Antibody #13302 (middle) and Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (lower).
Complexins are small soluble proteins composed of a central α-helical-structured domain surrounded by amino- and carboxy-terminal unstructured domains (1). These cytosolic proteins bind to t-SNAREs with low affinity and to assembled SNARE complexes with high affinity (1,2). Two isoforms, complexin-1 and complexin-2, are expressed in neuronal cells (3) where they regulate evoked and spontaneous exocytosis (4,5). Altered complexin expression resulting from RNAi-mediated knockdown (6) or gene invalidation (7) leads to alteration in spontaneous fusion events and neurotransmitter release, which reflects functions at both inhibitory and stimulatory synapses.
- Chen, X. et al. (2002) Neuron 33, 397-409.
- McMahon, H.T. et al. (1995) Cell 83, 111-9.
- Reim, K. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 169, 669-80.
- Reim, K. et al. (2001) Cell 104, 71-81.
- Huntwork, S. and Littleton, J.T. (2007) Nat Neurosci 10, 1235-7.
- Maximov, A. et al. (2009) Science 323, 516-21.
- Xue, M. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 7875-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13302 Complexin-1/2 Antibody
- 13002 Syntaxin 1A Antibody
- 8474 Munc18-1 Antibody
- 8630 Synaptic Vesicle Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5308 SNAP25 (D7B4) Rabbit mAb
- 5309 SNAP25 (D9A12) Rabbit mAb
- 4329 Synaptophysin Antibody
- 3347 SYT1 Antibody
- 2869 Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.