Product Pathways - Protein Stability
APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb #13329
|13329S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13329||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||216||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total APC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human APC1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of APC1 from 293T cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, transfected with 100nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® APC1 siRNA I #13441 (+), or SignalSilence® APC1 siRNA II #13506 (+), using APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). The APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of APC1, while the GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Cell proliferation in all eukaryotic cells depends strictly upon the ubiquitin ligase (E3) activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), whose main function is to trigger the transition of the cell cycle from metaphase to anaphase. APC/C is a 1.5 MDa protein complex found in the nucleus of interphase cells. This complex diffuses throughout the cytoplasm and associates with parts of the spindle apparatus during mitosis. APC/C performs its various functions by promoting the assembly of polyubiquitin chains on substrate proteins, which targets these proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome (1,2). In humans, twelve different APC/C subunits have been identified. Like all E3 enzymes, APC/C utilizes ubiquitin residues that have been activated by E1 enzymes and then transferred to E2 enzymes. Indeed APC/C has been shown to transiently interact with UBCH5 and UBCH10 E2 enzymes, in part, via the RING-finger domain-containing subunit, APC11 (3-5). In addition to E2 enzymes, APC/C activity is also strictly dependent upon one of several cofactors that associate with APC/C during specific phases of the cell cycle. The best studied of these are Cdc20 and Cdh1, which contain a carboxy-terminal WD40 domain and participate in the recognition of APC/C substrates by interacting with specific recognition elements in these substrates (6), called D-boxes (7) and KEN-boxes (8).
Anaphase-Promoting Complex Subunit 1 (APC1) is the largest subunit of the APC/C and is ubiquitously expressed (9). Although the functional significance is unclear, research studies have demonstrated that APC1 undergoes extensive phosphorylation on serine and threonine residues during the mitotic phase of the eukaryotic cell cycle (10).
- Qiao, X. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 3904-12.
- Harper, J.W. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2179-206.
- Carroll, C.W. and Morgan, D.O. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 880-7.
- Gmachl, M. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 8973-8.
- Leverson, J.D. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 2315-25.
- Kraft, C. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 18, 543-53.
- Glotzer, M. et al. (1991) Nature 349, 132-8.
- Pfleger, C.M. and Kirschner, M.W. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 655-65.
- Jörgensen, P.M. et al. (2001) Gene 262, 51-9.
- Kraft, C. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 6598-609.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12301 APC2 Antibody
- 9499 APC6 (D8D8) Rabbit mAb
- 12530 APC3 (D3I1V) Rabbit mAb
- 4823 CDC20 Antibody
- 11866 SignalSilence® APC2 siRNA I
- 7279 SignalSilence® APC6 siRNA I
- 7164 SignalSilence® APC6 siRNA II
- 11821 SignalSilence® APC3 siRNA I
- 13441 SignalSilence® APC1 siRNA I
- 13506 SignalSilence® APC1 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.