Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Myelin Basic Protein (2H9) Mouse mAb #13344
|13344S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13344||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||12-18||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myelin Basic Protein (2H9) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total myelin basic protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to human myelin basic protein.
Myelin basic protein (MBP) is an abundant central nervous system (CNS) myelin membrane protein that plays an important role in nerve myelination. Myelin sheaths are multi-layered membranes derived from oligodendrocytes that increase the conduction velocity of axonal impulses. MBP helps to adhere the cytoplasmic leaflets of adjacent oligodendrocyte membranes to one another. Several splice variants of MBP are expressed in cells and the protein is modified following translation (i.e. phosphorylation, methylation), which suggests additional membrane adhesion functions (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5664 CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9043 MAG (D4G3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 12943 NeuN (D3S3I) Rabbit mAb
- 8707 MAP2 (D5G1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8238 p75NTR (D4B3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
- 12389 GFAP (D1F4Q) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 6710 Synapsin-1 (D13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.