Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
TFIIE-α Antibody #13375
|13375S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13375||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TFIIE-α Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TFIIE-α protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly243 of human TFIIE-α protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Transcription initiation factor IIE subunit alpha (TFIIE-α) is part of TFIIE, a general transcription factor made up of paired α and β subunits. These general transcription factors include TFIIA, TFIIB, TFIID, TFIIE, TFIIF, and TFIIH (1-4). Binding of RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) to promoter sequences as part of the pre-initiation complex (PIC) is facilitated by these general transcription factors. These factors also help in selection of the proper transcription start site, DNA unwinding, and RNAPII promoter escape during transcription (1). During the transition from transcription initiation to elongation, TFIIE stimulates the TFIIH kinase and DNA helicase activities, responsible for phosphorylation of the carboxy-terminal domain of the largest RNAPII subunit (POL2RA) and unwinding of promoter DNA for RNAPII promoter escape (1,5-9).
- Thomas, M.C. and Chiang, C.M. (2006) Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 41, 105-78.
- Ohkuma, Y. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 398-401.
- Sumimoto, H. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 401-4.
- Peterson, M.G. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 369-73.
- Ohkuma, Y. and Roeder, R.G. (1994) Nature 368, 160-3.
- Ohkuma, Y. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 4856-66.
- Serizawa, H. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 20750-6.
- Larochelle, S. et al. (2012) Nat Struct Mol Biol 19, 1108-15.
- Grünberg, S. et al. (2012) Nat Struct Mol Biol 19, 788-96.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 8798 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2) Antibody
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 8860 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/Ser5) Antibody (IP Preferred)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.