Product Pathways - Protein Folding
TRAP1/HSP75 Antibody #13405
|13405S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13405||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRAP1/HSP75 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TRAP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu150 of human TRAP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TNF receptor-associated protein 1 (TRAP1), also known as HSP75, is a mitochondrial chaperone and ATPase that was originally identified as a protein that interacts with the TNF receptor. Although a member of the HSP90 family, TRAP1 is not heat-inducible but is upregulated by glucose deprivation, oxidative injury, and UV irradiation. An amino-terminal mitochondrial localization sequence results in localization of TRAP1 within mitochondria (1). Overexpression of TRAP1 decreases oxidative stress, suggesting a protective role in ischemia injury (2). Research studies demonstrate that silencing of TRAP1 enhances cytochrome C release and apoptosis, with additional evidence indicating that TRAP1 can protect cells from cell death by inhibiting the generation of reactive oxygen species (3). TRAP1 is a substrate of the mitochondrial serine/threonine kinase PINK1, whose corresponding gene is mutated in some forms of early-onset Parkinson's disease (PD). PINK1 protects cells from oxidative stress-induced cell death by suppressing release of cytochrome C from mitochondria. PD-linked PINK1 mutations impair the ability of PINK1 to phosphorylate TRAP1 and leads to impaired cell survival (4). Finally, TRAP1 alleviates α-synuclein induced toxicity and rescues the PINK1 loss-of-function phenotype (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5933 DJ-1 (D29E5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 6946 PINK1 (D8G3) Rabbit mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 12165 HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.