Product Pathways - DNA Damage
XPF (D3G8C) Rabbit mAb #13465
|13465S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13465||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||104||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
XPF (D3G8C) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total XPF (ERCC4) protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg670 of human XPF (ERCC4) protein.
DNA repair systems operate in all living cells to manage a variety of DNA lesions. Nucleotide excision repair (NER) is implemented in cases where bulky helix-distorting lesions occur, such as those brought about by UV and certain chemicals (1). Excision Repair Cross Complementing 4 (ERCC4, XPF) forms a complex with the ERCC1 excision repair protein to create an essential 5’ endonuclease responsible for lesion excision (2). ERCC1-XPF is also required for repair of DNA interstrand crosslinks (ICLs) (3) and involved in repair of double strand breaks (4). Mutations in the corresponding XPF gene cause specific forms of xeroderma pigmentosum, Cockayne syndrome, and Fanconi anemia, while altered XPF protein levels may be associated with disease progression and response to treatment in specific human cancers (5,6).
- Shuck, S.C. et al. (2008) Cell Res 18, 64-72.
- McDaniel, L.D. and Schultz, R.A. (2008) Adv Exp Med Biol 637, 65-82.
- Niedernhofer, L.J. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 5776-87.
- Ahmad, A. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 5082-92.
- Kashiyama, K. et al. (2013) Am J Hum Genet 92, 807-19.
- Köberle, B. et al. (2010) Int J Oncol 36, 1277-84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12345 ERCC1 (D6G6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5437 ERCC1 (D61F5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.